New Sewing Machine Tables Make Sewing More Enjoyable

Sphere: Related Content
Most of the sewing machines available to the general public today are portable and not affixed to a sewing machine table or other sewing machine furniture. While the portability is very nice, there is a downside. Most desks and tables are the wrong height to comfortable sew. Either they are too low and you are hunched over trying to see until your neck screams for relief, or they are too high, because of the base of the machine is not inset when added to the height of the table and your arms and shoulders bear the burden of trying to sew without support. A sewing machine table can fix those two problems and make your sewing enjoyable in the sewing not just in the beautiful product you produce.

There is so much satisfaction to be found in producing beautiful, hand-made products with which to decorate your home or to wear. Some of the most beautiful pillows I have ever seen, were made by a lady who should be showing her work in a museum. If sewing is physically difficult because the sewing machine furniture you use is not made to the correct heights, or lacks a sufficiently large layout area, or is too low for you to comfortably pin a pattern, you won’t enjoy the production of the beauty and be less inclined to do more.

Other than being the right height, sewing machine tables have very nice additional features for storage of sewing items. When I first got one of those beautiful sewing boxes with the drawers that fold out in a tiered pattern to allow me to access all my sewing notions and thread, I was excited, but sure I would never fill it up. You can all stop laughing now. Yes I know, could I have been more wrong. Sewing machine tables take that space that is used to elevate the sewing machine to the right height and add storage. Now you can keep specific items close, or rotate in the items you are currently working on, you can keep your thread in one place, or you can organize it as best suits you.

The Organization Features Of The Sewing Machine Table

Organization for sewing notions and thread can never be a bad thing. The tangled mess that can, and often does, occur when you store thread is frustrating and time consuming to fix. If you can organize it all in the sewing machine table you are one less frustration from enjoying yourself. Now some of the higher end models are so elaborate I first said to myself, there’s no way I’ll every use up all the space. Yes I know, you’d think I’d learn.

For me, I find that organization for the current projects, all in the sewing machine table, is the best method for me. Then long-term storage in other sewing machine furniture of items I’ve purchased for projects but haven’t found everything I need. I’ve been known to obsess about finding beautiful buttons to go on a beautiful dress. Sometimes that means I take some time to gather all that a need to do a sewing project, so organization can be a necessary requirement. Thus a sewing machine table with efficient storage is, to me, a great boon.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment